Tuesday, November 5, 2013

NEW HOUSE UPDATE

Moving right along.
As we pulled up to our new house, it was very exciting to see the progress.



Happy to see the roof being shingled and the doors and windows installed.


The garage is located in the back of the house.
To me this is a nice feature.


Our new backyard.



Entering from the garage into the breakfast room.


This view is from the breakfast room looking into part of the kitchen to the left, and into the great room towards the front of the house.  It's open concept living.


 At this angle, you are looking back into the kitchen and seeing the start of the island. 
Meet John the electrician... "Hi John".
The nice advantage with building your own home is the option to customize your lighting, security system, cable, etc. 
We did a walk through with John as I gave him my design plan for additional lighting throughout the house.


To me extra recessed lighting is super important and adds so much to any space.
Yes, it's easier to do it before the walls are up, but it can be done with existing walls in place as long as you have a trusting and professional electrician.  The placement of lighting is also very important!
I work with my clients to design the correct lighting plan.


This may look like a bunch of sticks, but it's important to know where our waterlines and HVAC vents are placed for the future when I place artwork on the walls.  Don't want to puncture any waterlines. 

The new stairs leading up to the bedrooms, and down to the basement.

Hello Master Bedroom  :)
Nine foot ceiling on every level of the house is also another great feature.

The future master bath shower.

My future studio!


It's starting to look like a home with the addition of the front door.
Thanks for joining me through the tour.  I hoped you enjoyed it as much as I did!
Until the next time...






2 comments:

  1. Wow it is really coming along, when do you think you will be in it ? Lighting placement is important, wish you would have told me 22 years ago, our house has the worst lighting.

    ReplyDelete