Sunday, February 16, 2014

Simple Solution DIY

What to do with that big white wall?

It was a bit of a challenge to add artwork to this long wall.

I wanted to use this multi-media artwork for the space.

It's all about size and scale, and this painting was lost on the expansive wall.

 With a few common items, I created a simple solution to this problem.

I measured off a section about one foot on each side of the painting.

I then used the washer and thread to create a straight line by taping it at the top of the wall and letting it hang down to the bottom. 
I placed pencil marks down along the string from top to bottom.
I then connected the dots for that perfect straight line.

I selected the right paint color to accent the space.

I then taped out the section to be painted.

The result - the perfect accent wall to balance the painting.

The painted section gives a much needed break to the long white space.

It also helps to define the space and separate it from the other artwork hanging along the same wall.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about this post.
Please leave a comment below.

:)

1 comment: