Monday, July 7, 2014

CUSTOM PILLOWS

The first decision to be made when creating custom pillows is picking out the perfect fabric!
Here's a beautiful stripe from Clarke & Clarke.



I placed an order for one yard of fabric, and had it delivered to my door.

I had to inspect it to make sure it was exactly what I ordered. 

Next option is to pick a coordinating trim.
I chose a black cord for these particular pillows.

There are many, many options out there.
Your choices range from a self-cord, to decorative cords of all colors and sizes, to beaded trim,
fringe, pom-poms, tassels, and more.
Your designer will help you select the best option for you.

 Here's a close-up of this beautiful fabric.

When choosing fabrics you need to consider color, pattern, and texture.
There are thousands to choose from.

I only use top professional seamstresses whose craftsmanship is impeccable.

I just love the final results!
The stripes give me the option to place them horizontal or vertical.

They are the perfect compliment to my existing store-bought pillows.
Mixing and matching store-bought and custom is a more economical option than going totally custom.

Juxtaposing the stripes with the geometric patterns might seem to clash initially,
but the colors make them coordinate nicely in place.

If you want a unique look for your home... go custom!

Here's to your happy home!
-Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment