Friday, September 20, 2013

MY LOVE OF PUMPKINS!

Yes, I had this love affair with pumpkins for as long as I can remember.  
I don't know where it came from, but there's something about the shape, color, texture of a pumpkin.  
It's nature's beautiful DESIGN!


The lady at the farm stand and I were talking about my love for pumpkins and she said that maybe I was a field mouse living among the pumpkins in my prior life...LOL.  
For some reason that thought really made me feel good...hahaha!


The rich, brilliant colors warm my heart and makes me feel really good!!!






Here are some creative  carved pumpkins that make me smile and laugh...

Who wouldn't love a daisy pumpkin?!!



 




So creative!!!



When looking for pumpkin decorations, they come in all shapes and sizes.
Here's some fun Bling-Bling pumpkins!




This cloth pumpkin would look good in a coastal home.


Then there's the pumpkin color to use in home design.
This beautiful chevron throw looks perfectly cozy for the Autumn nights.


These cozy pillows would go great with the throw.  
Not everything has to have the pumpkin motif on it, just using the warm pumpkin color works beautifully!




These orange lamps bring a pop of color to any room!


Ever consider pumpkins in your artwork? 
One of my favorite painters, Chris Mars, does these creepy paintings that I just LOVE.
I know, it's not for everyone, but what a statement piece for any home.

 When designing your home add a little of the unexpected.
Maybe it's a little creepy, or a little whimsical, just as long as YOU love it!

I hope that you add a little pumpkin to your home decor!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post!
    I remember almost 2 years before we started dating, and a small pumpkin was the first gift you ever gave me... well, and a pair of leather gloves.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pumpkins too and the color orange! I have pictures of my daughter in the middle of a pumpkin patch and it always makes me smile. Orange is a happy color. I also agree with and love your comment about having the unexpected in your decor. That's where you can really add a piece of your true self into your decor.

    ReplyDelete