Tuesday, September 10, 2013

PORTFOLIO: Friends Academy Westampton - a private Quaker school

I worked along with the architect on the design of this new private school project.

 I redesigned the original logo and worked with the sign company on placement and scale.



 I selected the paint color throughout the school.  This is the Quaker Meeting area.



The classroom entrances needed to stand out from the meeting area, so I selected a bright cream color.


I designed these quotes to be placed in the lobby and meeting area of the school.
Notice the painting of the Head of School, painted by Mark Collins.





I selected  the furniture throughout the school.  
These warm, oak benches are perfect for the Quaker Meeting area.


I  hired an amazing, local carpenter to create the final, custom reception desk.
 Staying with the warm oak, I added a darker wood for a bit of contrast. 



I gave 3 options for color listed below:
Sketch design #1
Sketch design #2

Sketch design #3


Final logo in brushed steel behind reception desk.



Warm and inviting Teacher's Lounge


Science Room Furniture

Middle School Lockers

I chose an updated contemporary carpet that was placed throughout the school.

Tile for the Classrooms

Even had to select paint and tile for all the bathrooms.

 Can't forget the playground equipment. Selected some fun pieces for the kids.




I designed the front entrance sign with a contemporary, "clean" look.

There's no reason that a school can't have a warm and comfortable appearance.  
My goal in design was to have the students, parents, and staff feel as though they were entering a safe, home environment instead of an institutional facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment